Saturday, August 11, 2012

Olympics, Goodbye-birthday-FHE, Friends

Our fantastic new friends Aly and Michael Davis are so fun! We love hanging out with them. For the start of the Olympics, Aly and I decided like 3 hours before opening ceremony that we would get together and do an olympic party. I quickly used a table cloth and streamer that we used at Keaton's birthday party, and painted paper plates to look like the Olympic rings. We decided it would be fun to have an Olympic Country themed potluck. Aly and Michael brought Korea and American (watermelon), and Jason and I did France (french bread and cheese), and Mexico (flautas). Kinda silly, but it turned out fun!

Then, we had our own Olympics in teams on the xbox kinect :) It was fun and we are tied 1-1. We will have to have a re-match before the Olympics are over haha.

Then, during the opening ceremonies we had ice cream cones for dessert since they look like the Olympic torch.



The next biggest event that has gone one recently was Mica's birthday/farewell/FHE party with the Davis and Hall families. It was a surprise and Mica still had no idea...even with the birthday decorations...and people showing up telling her happy birthday...hahaha. I finally said "surprise!!!", and she responded "Oh! This is for me?!?!". "yes Mica, this is for you!". blahahaha

We have such fantastic friends! They came over and had FHE with us and celebrated Mica's birthday with yummy chocolate coma cake, played games, and said farewell. I know it meant so much to her and we had a good time! 

I gave the lesson for FHE and it was on Emergency Preparedness...both temporally and spiritually. It came from August's Ensign. Right as I was telling them how easy it was to have 72 hour kits and food storage, and how I for some reason in the past had always been like.. "food storage...whatever...i don't need that"...right as I said that a huge thunder shook the house and lightning struck right across the "lake" in our back yard! Haha! It definitely struck fear in our hearts and I know we will all think of food storage and emergency preparedness a little differently. We then had cake! And then played a couple rounds of Mafia (the card-ish game). So fun! I know Mica was so grateful! 


I miss all of our Jefferson ward friends. I am so glad that Robyn Loader came to visit me and catch up the other day. I am so glad she got  to go to Utah for a month long vacation in July, but I definitely missed her haha and am glad she is back !! I have to admit I have been in a sort of funk about going out and seeing people. I need to get out of my pitty party and set up some play dates! I love our new ward and my friends that I am making here. I am so grateful for all the wonderful people there are in the world! 

Sad... that is pretty much all that has been going on. Little things have been going on. Like Keaton's ear infection, and having to go see the nutritionist (on the 20th), rain, birthday party here for a friend, that is about it! haha 




No comments:

Post a Comment