Wednesday, October 10, 2012

This next week, we will officially have lived with friends longer than we have lived in our new house. Wow! It is crazy how time flies, how many emotions that sentence brings on, and how far we have to go. All the things I thought would be done by now, haven't even been started. It is frustrating, yet I know we are so blessed and have truly come quite a ways. I know it will all have gone by fast in the grand scheme of things, but right now...it couldn't be going any slower.

In the mean time, I have had lots of things to keep me busy!:

 1. CRAFTS! :Y'all thought my last blog post contained a lot of crafts....guess what...I have even more to show now lol We have re-decorated Marie's whole room. We made a rug (it took like a week lol), wall hangings, blanket. pillow, and curtain valence. We even took the pink curtains that were hanging in my house when we bought it (no..Jason wouldn't let me keep them for Keaton's room ;) ) and we put them in Marie's room. They work great!!!



2. KIDS: Of course these little munchkins provide constant entertainment in my life and I love them! They are so cute together and play so well....even though sometimes they do stress me out and are, as Mary calls them, "stage 5 clingers'. They are so cute in their big kid carseats, clothes, shoes, and even walking home from the bus stop! (glimpse into the future!!!.... ) We walked with Mary's sister's kids home from the bus stop.... our kids were so cute walking with the big kids. They got a little left behind though...short legs.


3. WEDDING: Mary's sister wedding is in like 16 days! We have been going to bridal showers, bridal photo sessions, thinking about rehearsal dinners, bachelorette party, and of course the bid day itself! It is so fun! I even got to practice my photography at Amy's bridal session. I am not very good, but I was quite impressed with the shots I did get (as I tried not to be in the way  and lay low lol) It was so fun getting to help put the blanket out for her to stand on, move props around, fix her hair and dress, the whole experience was fun to me! I never did bridals so I definitely think I lived a little vicariously through Amy that day hahaha ( I hope she didn't mind!) Her pictures at the Houma Plantation are beautiful and I can't wait to post them. They are finished, but I want to wait for her permission :) Here is the plantation though.


4. ACTIVITIES: We have been playing volleyball, ping pong, running errands, and going to community events such as "Battle for the Paddle" Gumbo and Jambalaya Cook-Off in St. Charles Parish. This kid won't eat jambalaya or gumbo at home.. but when all these people are eating it...why not right lol. Crazy kid! He definitely got to vote for his favorite :) We loved going with the Guilfou's and seeing the Davis and Hall families. :) We miss them!


5. HOSPITAL and SICK:  Sweet little Marie had to go to the hospital due to a scary episode she had at the house we believe to be a result of her 15 month old shots, and "fists disease". She is doing much better now. It was a crazy day/weekend for her parents, but she is much better now. However, now, Mary is sick, and Keaton is sick. Hopefully it will all pass in time for their big trip tomorrow.


6. CANADA: No...I'm not going to Canada, but Mary and Russell are! I am so excited for them! It is work related, but they will be able to visit friends, go on tours, etc. It is going to be such a great experience for them I hope. I really am going to miss them, but am very excited for them and have enjoyed hearing about all of their plans.

7. CELEBRITY STALKING:   My obsession with Swamp People has lead to stalking. I was elated seeing Troy and Jacob Landry at Mardi Gras in the Napoleon Parade. I was like a 12 year old who just saw Justin Beiber! Now... I have moved on to stalking since I can't wait for more swamp people (season 4!!), so when we were in Houma...I had to stalk J. Paul and R.J. We happened to drive passed the gym where J.Paul trains for boxing... I freaked and Mary I know thought I was crazy....little does she know! Then, she told me she and J.Paul went to the same high school. He graduated the year after her. So of course when we were in Houma we just happened to drive by J. Paul's...I mean... Mary's high school ;)

I know I know...I'm a creeper! I will try to back off lol ;) ....

Well that's the scoop! I don't know what I will do without the Guilfou's for 10 days!! Hopefully life isn't completely boring without them. I may go crazy though! And, I hope things start progressing with the house. 

Holla at me Y'all! 

1 comment:

  1. WOWZERS Jaime you have been BUSY!!! I love all the crafting and all the pictures! The plantation home is BEAUTIFUL!! Miss you tons!!

    ReplyDelete