Thursday, July 19, 2012

Birthday, House Warming, Life in LaPlace

This past week has been a blurr! I know when I was pregnant, I had an excuse for not remembering things and life being foggy (and I don't think my brain has come back), but I don't have much of an excuse for not remembering things anymore. I am going to do my best to cover everything. There were some pretty hilarious things that happened this weekend!

1) Keaton had his 1st birthday party! I can't believe he is already 1 :) He is so grown up now-so he thinks-by the way he pushes me away when I try to kiss him or help him hahaha. Anyways! His party was wonderful! The decorations turned out great, the food was good, almost all of his little friends were there, the games and pinata turned out well, and I think everyone had a pretty good time. Pinterest definitely made this day a success, along with Jason, and all of our friends!! Thanks everyone! I think our pictures say it all...



So the funny stories: a) Keaton picked all his gummies off his turtle cupcake very daintily and ate them first, then swiped the icing off with his hand and licked it all off, and then finally dug into the cupcake haha

 b) the pinata was a pull string pinata (which I made (it's supposed to be a squid), and had never really heard of before). Lets just say that...it was indestructible...we all pulled the ribbon and the whole thing fell down off the hook. Then we flipped it upside down and tried to pull the ribbon in all different directions to rip it apart. Then, when that didn't work...the kids started beating it and ripping it open. Hahaha Jason got it on video and I can't wait to see it. 

c) Keaton got this awesome bath-time basketball set..little squirter basketballs that you shoot into the net that is suctioned to the tub. Poor guy didn't even get to play with it, much less open it, before the big kids got to it....

....big kids meaning daddy, david, and michael!!! Poor kid just stood and watched. blahahaha

ooooohhh...I would say it was all a success though! We then even went out to eat at New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood for dinner. Here we got good food, Keaton got his own ice cream cone, we learned that there is "mario cart" race car events, and that women who compete in the "Women's Crossfit Games"...really look like men. Hard to take your eyes off that.....

Our "House-Warming" party went well too. We had wonderful friends and neighbors who stopped by and took the grand tour of the house and had some dessert. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends!!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment