Thursday, July 5, 2012

Blogging Day 3:

It has definitely been an eventful 48 hours. Not super eventful, but I do have more to blog about than I did Tuesday.

Tuesday, July 3rd, we just hung out at home until we went to Metairie for fireworks at Lafreniere Park. We decided to go to town a little early and go to walmart in Kenner since our walmart here did not have any pools (we wanted to get a kiddie pool for Keaton's birthday party). Got a pool and a sprinkler after contemplating in walmart for about an hour. (haha) Then, we went to eat at my favorite fastfoodish place...Raising Canes!! It was so delicious and our child picked up some new girlfriends there, so I say it was a success. Then, we went on to the fireworks at the park. We took a side street into a neighborhood, which we later named "little Cuba", and found a perfect curbside parking space right at an entrance to the park. The park was great! Not too hot, not too crowded, there was music, and it was still light outside. We met the Holmes, Van Wynens, and the Manueles there, along with Mary Veazy. It was fun getting to chat with Angie about her pregnancy and answer baby questions that she had. Then, the fireworks were AMAZING!!! Some of the best that I have ever seen!!! They had different types that I have never seen before, and the finale was wonderful! I wish I had taken video of it. Keaton didn't like the fireworks at first, but then later enjoyed them more from the safety of mommy's arms and lap. He was so tired when they were through though that he laid down on the grass (after we folded up our blanket) and about fell asleep. Our parking spot turned out to be the best in getting us out quickly also. We didn't have to wait at all...unlike last night!!!

So, Wednesday (4th of July), we just hung out around the house, went for a walk around the neighborhood, met our neighbors, went to Aly and Michael Davis's house (our new buddies)...with Mica too :)...and played clue before heading to the Hall's house for a BBQ. Clue was fun. I totally ruined the game! I was halfway playing because Keaton was screaming his little head off the whole time (he has decided since we moved in that he only 'needs' 1 nap a day....he is sadly mistaking!), so I wasn't paying much attention and definitely ruined the game. I didn't speak up saying that I had a card to disprove the accusation and well...people were upset when their accusation wasn't correct haha. Sorry Aly, Michael, Jason, and Mica hahaha Then, we went over to the Hall's for some excellent BBQ!! I mean they went all out on meat! It was sooooo good!!!! And then the fireworks weren't too bad either. We did have to wait 45 min to get out of the parking lot though and that was a nightmare!!!

And then, last night Jason got sick...all night! Poor guy has the flu I think. So, he has been quarantined to the bedroom for the day. Keaton and I feel fine..and Mica too...and I hope it stays that way!

I did make a trip to walmart this morning...definitely used the men's restroom and didn't realize it til I left and walked past the urinals. Then my next thought wasn't "I'm so embarrassed...I just used the men's restroom", it was "Why are there unirnals in here? I must be using a 'family' restroom". As I left the restroom I heard people laughing so I looked at the sign and there was for sure a man on it. I used the men's restroom....oh well.... haha Then, as I was leaving the store, I totally got checked out....by a girl! I didn't think I looked that manly today...ugh....blahahah


No comments:

Post a Comment